Thursday, January 31, 2013

Review number 3: Tarte's Carried Away palette.

Hi everyone! I hope you have been enjoying my review posts. Here is number 3 and it will be on the Tarte Carried Away palette. Enjoy! xoxo. (:

The beautiful gold and purple case that the set came in. I love this because you can put sooooo much stuff in it! Great for traveling.

This set includes 8 lipglosses, an eyeshadow palette with 24 eyeshadows (the palette is in the pocket behind the mirror), a brush, a powder, a blush, and a mascara (not shown here).

I love this powder! It is a translucent powder and it feels so silky smooth on the skin and doesn't clog my pores or leave a white cast like some translucent powders.

I love this mascara sooooo much! I believe I have seen a difference in my lashes since using it and it really separates and  gives my lashes volume without making them look like spider legs.



Swatch of the blush. I think this just might be my new favorite blush (and I have a million blushes). Not only do I love the texture and wearing power of this but I adore the way it looks on my skin tone! Amazing!!!!!

All the eyeshadows. I do enjoy these eyeshadows but I do wish some of the lighter shades were more pigmented. The texture of these is nice and there is virtually no fall out with the shades that have glitter in them.

Eyeshadows swatched. From left to right: Snowfall in Paris, Golden Gate Bridge, Volcanic Ash, Pyramid Gold, Pearl River, Seychelles sand, touchdown in London, Martha's Vineyard, Pebble Beach, Boston brick, Spanish Sangria, and Napa grapes.


Swatches continued. From left to right: Georgia peach, Tuscan sun, acai jungle, coral reef, Iceland air, Mystic Seaport, concrete jungle, Hampton waves, Sunshine state, Hawaiian palm, olive grove, and sin city. 

All the lipglosses. I LOVE these! They are greatly pigmented, not too sticky, and I love the minty smell they have.

Lipglosses swatched. From left to right: Nuria, Mel, Jena, Mer, Casey, Heath, Anna, and Ali.

FOTD using the set.
Face:
Tarte Smooth and Poreless face primer.
bareMinerals concealer in Summer Bisque.
bareMinerals powder foundation in light.
Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay finishing powder.
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush in Adventurous.
bareMinerals all over face color in Pure Radiance as my highlight.
Eyes:
Tarte 360 creaseless eyeshadow primer.
Sin City on my lids.
Hawaiian palm and  olive grove in my crease/outer corner.
Sunshine state under my browbone.
Too Faced perfect eyes waterproof eyeliner in black.
Tarte lights, camera, lashes! mascara in black.
Maybeline Great Lash in black on my bottom lashes.
Maybeline Define-a-brow in light for my brows.
Lips:
Tarte lipgloss in Mel.


Better look at my eyes.

Close up of my eyeball! :p


Close up of my lip color.


Overall I do think this is a really great set and I would definitely recommend it!



Disclaimer: This set was bought with my own money. I have not received any money to give a review on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment